The Orbi setup RBS 50 satellite works as a Whole-home MESH Wi-Fi system to provide you with the fastest speed. Get the highest range by adding a satellite to the RBK50 router network. It will remove the whole Wi-Fi dead zones and can go up to 2,000 sq. feet. It creates an ultra-mesh Wi-Fi network and never leaves any corner of your home without a Wi-Fi signal.
Superfast and seamless connectivity will reach each room, floor, and corner of your home. If you want to add more and more devices to the Wi-Fi network, add them without worrying about dropping or slow connectivity issues. Its four Ethernet ports provide ultimate flexibility and performance for your smart TV, gaming console, streaming, and HD video watching.
Benefits of using my ORBI RBK50 as an Access Point Mode
It is important to use an Ethernet cable for setting up your Orbi RBK 50 router as an access point. You will also require the Orbi default password and username. Moreover, get the latest web browser and a default login address, such as orbilogin.com. This method allows you to configure your router as an access point. Using your RBK50 as an Access Point will never require an additional satellite or an extender with your Wi-Fi network.
Orbilogin: Setup RBK50 as an access point
- To connect the Internet port of your Orbi setup to the LAN port of your existing router and the login gateway, you should use the provided Ethernet cable.
- Introducing a web browser from your working computer should be instantaneous.
- And then navigate the web browser to orbilogin.com or http://192.168.0.1 through the search bar.
- A login window will be unlocked, and ask for two details.
- Now, you should enter the Orbi default password and username.
- Thereafter, enter the user ID and security passphrase of your new router.
- Go to ADVANCED >the Advanced Orbi setup.
- And then Router Mode or AP Mode on the Basic homepage.
- Here you should select the AP Mode only, and the page adjusts.
- Now, you have to select the IP address from the following options;
- “Get Dynamically from the existing router” in this option, the existing router on your previous Wi-Fi network will assign the IP address to your new RBK50 router while the RBK 50 has already been set to AP Mode.
- And the other is to “Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended). In this Orbi setup method, you can manually assign a specific IP address to this router while it is in AP Mode.
How to set up guest mode through Orbilogin
- Launch a web browser from your computer to set up the guest mode on your Orbi RBK50 router and satellite.
- The browser must be compatible and up to date.
- Then visit the search line of the browser that you have launched.
- Type the URL com or routerlogin.net or the IP address of your Orbi RBK50.
- You will see a login page on the screen of the same computer.
- Get the homepage with the help of Orbi’s default password and username on the login window.
- If you have the Basic home page, you should select the Guest Network from the top menu bar of the home page and the Guest Network Settings page display.
- Now select “Enable the Guest Network” and click the checkbox. And leave the Enable SSID Broadcast by selecting the checkbox.
- When you allow Orbi setup to broadcast its Wi-Fi network name, it makes it easier to find the network and connect with it.
- When you clear this checkbox, you can create a hidden network.
- Now, change the network name by typing the new name and the Orbi default password in the “Guest Wireless network Name” field.
- Then you can select or clear the allowed guests to see each other and access my local network field.
- The checkbox is already cleared by default to protect your privacy.
- It means the guests can use the internet connection but cannot access other devices connected to your Orbi setup network.
- Select the security options, if you should select WPA2-PSK [AES] or WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES].
- Enter the passkey in the pass field, and then you should click the APPLY button to save your settings.
We recommend turning on the “Remember Me” option so you will not log in again. Otherwise, it will ask for the password and user ID each time you log in to your ADMIN PANEL. After setting up the admin password, click next to get the security questions. These security questions will help you reset the login credentials if you forget them. Then click next to apply your new settings. Great! Your changes have now been applied to your Orbilogin.com WIFI network.