Mass media is vital for almost everyone, to stay updated and have knowledge of what is happening around the world. Mass Media makes all the information accessible to the public and in order to make this information reach all individuals from different linguistic backgrounds, Translation plays a key role.
Through Translation, we ensure the availability of information to everyone regardless of the language being a barrier in between. The impending paragraphs would be explaining some reasons for the same.
REASONS WHY TRANSLATION IS VITAL FOR MASS MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION?
As tech is one of the fastest evolving fields we have ever seen, it is allowing people to access any information online. Here, translation helps out people of different linguistic backgrounds to grab information efficiently.
To widen your reach, you need to communicate with different groups of people with different languages around the world. Translation makes it convenient for us to socialise with anyone around the globe.
GROWTH OF BUISNESS
The translation is also crucial for businesses and companies as by translating information and websites into different languages we can have a large audience and customer reach.
In terms of Politics, translation ensures that political leaders are able to communicate with the public efficiently.
If we talk about education, in order to make sure that each and every child is accessing all the required textbooks and study materials we need to utilize translation for the same.
In this modern world, globalization is being more common, which requires communication with individuals globally where translation creates a bridge over the linguistic barrier.
Translation also enhances our relationships with our friends who have different native languages by breaking down the language barrier and making the conversation understandable.
It also keeps us attached to the roots of our cultures. As in order to understand the ancient culture of an individual we need to have knowledge of that language, which is only possible by translation.
TRAVEL AND TOURISM
As the field of Travel and Tourism is increasing drastically, translation is helping people to navigate their way to new places and understand the signs and conversations with convenience.
TYPES OF TRANSLATIONS AND THEIR USE
- LITERAL TRANSLATION: This type of translation ensures that the content is translated in an accurate manner by keeping its meaning as close as possible. It is mostly utilized for scientific documents, as they ensure that the information is conveyed in an accurate manner.
- FREE TRANSLATION: This translation has the independency of interpreting the language of the content to some extent. That is why; this type of translation is used in the literary field, as the translators may try to change the language sometimes but keeps the tone and message similar.
- ADAPTATION: In this type of translation, the translator tries to adapt the data, to make it understandable to the targeted audience. This translation is mostly used for television shows and films. Here, the author tries to adapt the dialogue, in order to make it convenient for the audience to grab.
CHALLENGES FACED IN TRANSLATION OF MASS MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION
In the process of translation of mass media and communication, translators face a number of challenges.
- First and foremost, the challenge is to translate the data accurately and it may cause trouble if the meaning of the data is changed.
- Secondly, it is quite difficult for translators to adapt the sources of the content for making it understandable for the audience, as it requires deep knowledge of both cultures.
- Thirdly, is to find out the correct balance between literal and free translation. As by too much freedom it may cause inaccurate data and too much literal may sound unnatural to the audience.
Despite all these challenges, translation providers in India make sure to overcome these problems to provide accurate and understandable data to the audience. And by their efforts and work, we have such an amazing mass media and communication network, connecting billions of people from all over the world. Today sharing your thoughts with other natives is a piece of cake for every individual and this is just possible because of professional translators.
Read more about